The Story of a Civil War Widow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Borntolust
Borntolust
1,054 Followers

Beth was a very pretty woman. She had many suitors as a young woman before she had settled on her husband. They had married when she was seventeen and had their son a year later. A daughter followed a year after that. Her husband had been badly wounded in the battle that killed Margaret's husband. He died a few days later.

There were three other women present. Mary said there were more in the circle, as they called themselves, but Beth's house was too small for a much larger group. All three were well known to Margaret. She was a little surprised at two of them; but then, who would have thought she would be joining them.

The other women were Brenda, Sarah and Melanie. They all greeted her with enthusiasm. Beth served tea. Margaret noted Mary and Sarah were close together on the couch their arms around each other. Everyone was still dressed, but that would soon change.

It changed almost as soon as Margaret took a sip of tea. Melanie acted first. She opened the buttons on the bodice of her dress and let it slide from her shoulders to the floor. The other women followed quickly, Margaret with a little shyness at first that quickly became anticipation. The women stripped to shifts. A couple were wearing drawers.

Mary and Sarah, holding hands left for another room. Beth went to a closet and pulled several thick quilts out. Working together the women spread them on the floor, doubling them up to make a soft area to lie on. The quilts were covered by sheets to protect them. Beth got a box from the closet that contained dildos and strap ons. Seeing that Margaret got her own toy from her hand bag. The other ladies all had their own dildos too. The four remaining women all moved to the quilts. Margaret was a little hesitant. It was not a case of shyness, but the fact that everything was new to her.

Beth was hostess so she was able to choose Margaret for a partner. Margaret had no objections. She liked Beth and thought her to be quite pretty. Beth took her hand and led her to join the others. On the mat she kissed Margaret with open mouth. Margaret responded with enthusiasm. She could feel herself getting wet.

Brenda and Melanie followed with similar kisses. Margaret responded to both. All of the women snuggled together and pushed dildos into their eager pussies. The air in the room was soon redolent with the amorous fragrance of hot women, their juices and their pheromones. The scents drove Margaret to new lust, she was finding herself aroused far more than she had ever been.

Beth and Melanie donned strap ons. Beth returned to Margaret and Melanie to Brenda. Margaret held her arms up to Beth, she was ready. She sighed as the dildo slid into her hot and eager cunt. Her hips lifted to meet Beth's thrusts and her legs clasped over the back of the other woman. They exchanged wet, mindless kisses. They sucked at each other's tits.

She was cumming quickly, with wild gasps as orgasms sang in every cell of her body. Thrills tore through her, and yet again.

They changed places. Margaret donned the belt and mounted Beth to fuck her to a series of glorious orgasms. Their entire being was centered on themselves. Their kisses and their hot cunts. The outside world didn't matter. Even the two women fucking next to them were only dimly perceived.

When Beth was satisfied she pushed gently against Margaret's shoulder to let her know. The two women collapsed together on the quilt breathing hard. Melanie and Brenda, next to them, had finished a few minutes before they did. All laid together and embraced.

Mary and Sarah returned. They were dressed only in shifts now, like the other women. They looked slightly disheveled, especially their hair. After Margaret's session with Mary the week before she had no doubts about what had gone on between them. She felt a slight tinge of jealousy, but it passed quickly. She was too excited by what was happening to her to let such feeling linger.

Melanie sat next to Margaret on a couch. They had been friends since they had joined the other widows from the war. Melanie was a couple of years older than Margaret. She was quite tall and had an imposing bosom. Her face, however, was far from pretty. She was often referred to as 'horse faced'. She and Margaret got along well; they had several common interests and attended the same church. Melanie had a son and daughter both older than Jason. Their husbands had been acquainted with each other, but not friends, before joining the regiment. In the army they had gotten to know each other better. They both died in the battle.

"I'd like to visit you some day, Margaret," Melanie said. She was speaking softly.

"Anytime, Melanie,"

"Margaret, I want to become closer to you. I'm very attracted to you."

Margaret felt a warmth in her pussy. The idea both excited and repulsed her. Then she remembered her session with Mary.

Melanie continued. "I'd like to be alone and in private with you."

Margaret thought for a moment. "I think that would be possible, Melanie, we are friends after all. But it will have to be some time in the future. I have a few things that I need to do. They will require all my attention."

"Let's leave things at that, for now," Melanie said. She squeezed Margaret's hand and left her to go sit next to Sarah.

After lunch all the ladies got together for a grand finale, as they called it. In a circle on the floor they ate each other's hot pussies changing positions often. It was time to leave after that. Dressing took some time and they had to help straighten Beth's house up before the children got home from school.

Margaret and Mary walked home together.

"It was a lovely day," Margaret told her friend. "I never realized how much I was missing."

"None of us did," Mary replied. "Not until someone taught us."

"I wish I could tell my mother and Jim's mother about it. They have been going to the doctor for hysteria treatments when they could be taking care of things themselves." Margaret laughed as a thought came into her mind. "Or each other."

Mary laughed with her. "Why not suggest it to them?"

"Maybe, I could try to talk to Mother. She might not want to discuss it though."

"Maybe we can help." Mary told her. "I have a pamphlet you could give them. It describes the process of self-fulfillment. It tells women of the money they are wasting by paying a doctor to bring them to bring them to paroxysm. It also tells about how unhealthy, and unsanitary the practice is. It doesn't go into what we are doing, but it hints at the fact that there is more."

"Thank you, I'm sure it will help."

Margaret broached another subject. "Melanie asked if she could visit me. What do you think?"

"You'll enjoy it. Melanie has realized that she is attracted to women and men equally. With men unavailable she is happy to love women. She gets pleasure with ladies; pleasing them and being pleased. Although, she told me once that bringing another woman to climax is, by far, her greatest enjoyment." Mary paused. "She and I have had several trysts. I suppose I could be jealous, but I'm not. I like Melanie and I know she likes variety. I look on my times with her as pleasant interludes."

"Thank you, Mary."

At Mary's house they had a cup of tea and chatted some more, mostly about their children. Mary got the pamphlet for Margaret to give to her mother. As Margaret was getting ready to leave Mary had a thought.

"Why don't you take the contrivance, too? You never know, it might be what she needs. What you both need. In fact take her the book that got you started, we haven't passed it on yet, you can have it back for a few days."

Mary ran upstairs to get the book and strap on. She added a couple of dildos. She put everything in a fabric bag and gave them to Margaret.

Thank you, Mary," Margaret accepted the bag from her friend. "I think I need to get a contrivance of my own soon."

"I'll introduce you to the lady you need to know," Mary told her. "She makes trips to Chicago to get things like that. She usually has some in stock."

"I hope you can convince your mother," Mary said as Margaret got ready to leave.

"I do too," Margaret replied. "But I'm a little nervous about it."

At home Margaret had some time to think about all that had happened to her. Her fear of becoming a wanton woman was leaving her. She felt instead a sense of gratification. A feeling that she was taking control of her own life. It was a trait that her mother often displayed, this sense of being one's own woman, free of dependence on another. It was a quality that had become more obvious in Beatrice since being widowed.

Margaret considered talking to Lydia first, but her mother was the stronger woman. If Beatrice could be converted Lydia would probably follow. Margaret smiled at her use of the term converted. It's how I feel, she thought. a little like a zealot. I want to show other women what I've found. Certain women, at least.

Jason came home from school. She told him to get cleaned up, they were going to visit his grandmother.

*******

At Beatrice's house the women shooed Jason outside while they prepared a light supper. Margaret didn't feel like beating around the bush and soon broached the subject that was on her mind.

"Mother," she asked. "Do you still go to the doctor for treatments for hysteria?"

Margaret knew the answer. She was well aware that her mother had accompanied Lydia a few weeks before. She didn't wait for an answer.

"I think you are wasting your money and possibly subjecting yourself to ridicule."

"I'm not sure I want to discuss this subject, Margaret." Was her mother's somewhat flustered reply.

"Mother, you need to talk about it. I know you need to achieve paroxysm more often than you do. I know, too, that you would be visiting the doctor more often if you could afford it."

Beatrice was blushing from embarrassment. This was not a subject polite people discussed; not even mother and daughter.

"Margaret, I repeat. I do not wish to discuss the subject,"

Margaret put her hand on her mother's. "I understand, Mother. I love you, that's why I am bringing this up."

"I love you too, Margaret. You've been all I could ask for in a daughter. But I can't bring myself to talk about this."

"Mother, I'll leave something for you to read under your pillow. Please do read it. If you don't say anything after you do I'll never mention it again. If you read it and want to know more I can help.

"Mother," she continued. "Why do you think I don't visit that charlatan who calls himself a doctor?"

Jason came in from play and the conversation had to end. Beatrice took the opportunity to change the subject and made sure he washed his hands. She was subdued and did not say much during supper.

After dinner Margaret borrowed pen and paper from her mother and wrote her a note. Beatrice watched her write, but did not ask what it was about.

Mother,

I too was shocked and disgusted when I first read about this. But I think this way is far healthier for us women than letting a so-called doctor paw our private parts.

Besides being healthier it gives us control of our own lives. It allows us the pleasure we deserve without dependence on others.

Please try to be open minded and remember, I will help if you need me.

With Love, Your Daughter Margaret

She slid the note inside the pamphlet and went upstairs to her mother's bedroom. She tucked both under the pillow of her mother's bed.

Back downstairs she told Jason to get ready to go home. She hugged her mother. Beatrice hugged Jason as they were ready to leave. Neither woman mentioned the subject of hysteria again.

Margaret prayed on the way home. She asked the almighty to help her mother as she had been helped.

Back home she put Jason to bed and retired herself. She lay in bed thinking back to the day just past. She felt very pleasantly satisfied. She thought ahead too. She wondered if she had made a mistake with Melanie. But when she pictured Melanie between her legs she felt her juices begin to flow. I wonder if I'm like her? If I really prefer women? she thought. I don't think so, but it doesn't matter. Women will be my lovers for quite some time to come.

She brought herself to yet another orgasm before she fell asleep. Strangely her mother was the central figure in her fantasy; she pictured herself with a strap on fucking her. Her mother lying beneath her writhing in lustful ecstasy as Margaret thrust into her with her wooden cock.

Margaret did not hear from her mother the next day, or the day after. She decided not to push things, to let them work out. She put her trust in the almighty and tried to go about her life.

Thursday she saw her mother and Lydia, with shopping baskets leaving Lydia's house. She hoped Beatrice would visit later, but she didn't. In fact Margaret didn't see her mother again until Sunday, at church.

****** She dressed Jason and herself and walked over to Lydia's house. They walked together to the church. Beatrice met them there. She gave Jason a hug and then briefly hugged her daughter.

"We'll talk later," she whispered while they embraced.

In church Margaret prayed again that her mother would see the light, as she herself had been shown. She could feel God's hand in all that had happened to her. She had faith that he would continue to guide her and let her be his intermediary; to be the one to bring the light to others. The others she had in mind were, of course, her mother and mother-in-law.

After the service Beatrice turned to Margaret. "You can help me today, Darling," she said. "I need to get a few things done."

"Of course, Mother," Margaret smiled. She had a good feeling.

Lydia announced that Jason could visit with her for the day and Margaret and her mother should come to her house for dinner.

The three women walked together, Jason scampered ahead. At her house Margaret asked her mother to wait while she ran in the house. She dashed up to her bedroom and put the book, dildos and the strap on in a basket. She knew she might be pushing things too fast, but her mother seemed ready to open up. She covered the toys with a towel and rejoined the other women outside.

Lydia and Jason left them. Margaret and her mother continued to Beatrice's house. Margaret tried to feel her out, but Beatrice told her that they would talk when they got home.

Beatrice made them tea and they sat together at the table. Margaret didn't say anything. She didn't have to, her mother started the conversation.

"Well, Margaret, I read the pamphlet you left. I must say it was enlightening."

Beatrice paused as if wondering how to proceed. She took a deep breath and went on.

"In the past I've made some fumbling attempts at doing what the pamphlet describes. I found myself full of shame afterwards. After reading that little tract I am more willing to be open minded."

"Oh, Mother, I'm so glad," Margaret gushed. She felt joy flow through her body.

"I find myself still embarrassed discussing this subject," Beatrice continued. "But I think I need to.

"I tried to do as the guide suggested, but I found my efforts to be clumsy and inept. I didn't give myself any satisfaction. In fact I only managed to increase my desire to a high pitch.

"I need to admit something, Margaret, I thought of you while I was driving myself to that state of craving. About you and your offer to help me."

"Of course I'll help, Mother," Margaret stood and held out her hand to her mother.

The women went upstairs together. Margaret carried the basket with her. In the bedroom they undressed down to their shifts. Beatrice turned the bed back and lay on it. She waited while Margaret joined her.

"I'll have to follow your lead, Dear," Beatrice said softly. "I'm a little nervous."

"This will help, Mother," Margaret caressed her mother's breast and tweaked her nipples. Beatrice let a soft moan escape her lips.

"It does feel nice," she said. "Like when you were a baby."

Margaret felt a surge of joy at her mother's words. They seemed to mean that she was opening herself to her daughter's loving. She pulled the top of her mother's shift down to free her breasts from its confines. She took her mother's tit in her mouth and sucked and nibbled at the nipple.

She felt Beatrice tugging at the top of her own shift and helped her free her breasts. Beatrice fondled them, a little tentatively, she did not take them into her mouth.

Margaret pushed her hand under her mother's shift to her pussy. She was pleased to find it wet when her fingers touched it. She smiled with satisfaction. She slid a finger into her mother's vagina and heard a gasp in response. Beatrice lifted her hips to her and spread her legs wide indicating her willingness to go on.

With a finger in her mother's pussy, her thumb massaging her clit and her lips sucking at her breasts Margaret brought her mother to a satisfying orgasm. She didn't stop there. She reached off the bed to the basket she had brought with her and retrieved the smaller of the dildos.

She pushed the dildo into her mother's now willing and eager cunt. Taking her mother's hand she guided her to the clit and showed her how to massage it as she plied the dildo.

Beatrice gasped and pulled her daughter close. Her lips closed on Margaret's tits and she suckled at her daughter's breast as she came yet again. It was a much stronger orgasm this time and when the thrills had subsided she clasped her daughter closely and told her how wonderful it had been.

"It's only the beginning, Mother," Margaret told her. "There is much joy you have yet to experience."

"More than this?" Beatrice asked. "I want to learn about it."

"We have the afternoon, Mother. And all the time we need after that. I'm so happy for you. I'll help you all I can."

"In church I prayed for guidance," Beatrice said. "It was as if I was being led from that point on. I almost didn't ask you to come home with me, but at the last minute that is what I said, even though it wasn't what I intended. It seemed like a voice was telling me to put myself in your hands. It was a strange and sublime feeling."

"Oh Mother, I think that was the almighty speaking to you. He is guiding you just as he led me to a joyful encounter. My own experiences are recent, they are still fresh in my mind; my body too,"

A thrill passed through Margaret's body. She wondered how far she could take her mother. As far as she had gone? Maybe.

"Mother, are you ready to learn more?"

"Oh yes, Dear, I'm willing."

"Some of what I will show you may shock you," Margaret told her.

"Nothing will, Margaret. I have faith."

Margaret brought her mother to the verge of another orgasm. She took her mother's hand and guided her as she pushed a finger into her wet pussy. She showed her how to rub her clit with her other hand.

"Don't stop when you climax, Mother," she instructed. "Keep going, it will happen again. I'll rejoin you in just a minute."

Margaret got the strap on from the basket. She had to stand to put it on. It took a few minutes since the straps needed to be adjusted to fit her. She smiled as she heard the sounds of her mother cumming. She climbed back onto the bed and knelt between her mother's splayed legs. She pushed her mother's hands away from her cunt and entered her with the wooden cock.

Beatrice gasped and raised her hips to take the hard shaft filling her pussy. It had been so long since she had felt such a fullness in her belly. She came quickly and was almost screaming with delight as orgasms crashed through her body.

She collapsed back onto the bed and clasped Margaret close. She covered her face with kisses and told her over and over how wonderful she felt.

Margaret was hot and horny for herself. She had not cum.

"I need to do something for myself now, Mother."

Borntolust
Borntolust
1,054 Followers