When a Wolf Finds His Heart Pt. 03 of 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

12:19 pm. It had been at least five minutes now. Maybe six? She wasn't sure how long she had actually sat staring at the door before she'd thought to look at the time. BiBi frowned. What if the clock ran fast? What if Yakov, who had just had his mouth on her, was suggesting to Sergei that maybe they reconsider? Would he side with her? Would any of them? That was a dumb thought, every single wolf in the pack had claimed Anya, they would do what she...and her husband, wanted. BiBi was small potatoes...super super small potatoes. Damn it.

When the clock hit 12:21 pm, BiBi knew she should leave. He had told her where to go. Gary's Towing...Mowing. No. It was definitely Towing. Garrison's. Who was she supposed to-Rick? Nick? Fuck, BiBi squeezed her hands on the steering wheel. Was she really going to go? Was she really going to leave these big stupid dumb wolves inside having a conversation about how much she was not good enough to be a part of their pack and go freak some man out and have him come running to help? How stupid would she feel for not waiting just a few more minutes?

By 12:25 pm, she was convinced that they had just forgotten about her. Maybe there was an issue with the kids. Maybe Grigory had gotten SO mad that he stabbed Sergei and there was a big argument going on inside about where they were going to bury his body. She frowned, that would be disappointing, Anya would definitely not let her in the pack at that point.

BiBi just couldn't, she couldn't do it. She couldn't leave them all inside. Not without knowing what was going on. It was completely ridiculous to take off without knowing something more. 'Tell him what happened,' Yakov had said. Well, how was she supposed to know what happened? She couldn't just leave.

BiBi had opened the door without even realizing it, and she was halfway to the house before she looked down to see that her legs were actually moving, and with quiet determination towards the front door. Was this nuts? This was probably nuts, she thought to herself as she stood in front of the front door. What kind of an idiot goes sneaking to the front door of the house of a bunch of werewolves? She was seriously disturbed. When she did get back to Paducah, she was totally looking up a shrink. Though she figured leading with 'So I met this werewolf who loved me but we couldn't be together because his pack didn't want me,' was probably going to go over very very badly.

Shaking her head, she looked in the window beside the front door and couldn't really see much. Frowning, she opened the door very quietly and moved inside and then softly shut it behind her. The front foyer was empty, but she could hear a man talking to the far left, in the living room. But before she could turn her head to see into the living room, her gaze was pulled to the view of the dining room before her. She'd thought seeing a man change from a wolf into a naked man was the strangest thing that she would ever see. However, the scene before her, the way the dining room table seemed to disappear and the image of a black, twisted tree stump appeared in the center of the room, an infant wrapped in a blanket lying in the middle, crying, kicking at the blanket that covered it, had to top that...by leaps and bounds. BiBi's eyes widened as she took in the sight of the little one so upset. Hannah.

Of course the child had every reason to be upset, for around her, on all sides, going up to the black walls of the room around her, across the floor, on the ceiling above her head, the room was completely engulfed in flames. Everywhere but where the baby was, the room rolled with fire. BiBi winced as she felt the heat from it flow out towards her in the foyer, and she finally heard other sounds from the living room. Anya was screaming, and she could hear the wolves growling and shouting. The room was a roar of angry voices and she moved a little to the right. The dining room opened to the living room, and she could see the back of a man in a black pair of slacks and a black shirt standing before them, talking, but she couldn't hear what he said.

Past him, she could see Anya, despondent, sobbing, her body wrapped around Sergei, his arms around her tightly, holding her where she was. Her heart broke for the woman, Jesus, to see her daughter so close. Grigory was at their left, Yegor to their right. She knew that Yakov and Aidan were in the room, probably farther to the left, but her eyes had met and rested on the beautiful intense blue gaze of the man who had brought her here. And now, his eyes were on her, and he looked terrified. Her gut tightened. This was Hannah! BiBi felt like something had grabbed her heart from behind and was trying to tug it back into the space her lungs occupied. That meant that the man in black...was the devil. Holy fuck!

Yeah, she probably should have gone to get help. BiBi didn't make a sound. So far, she hadn't even been seen. She wished she could understand what the devil the DEVIL was saying, but the crackle of the fire that never quite seemed to make its way up the gnarled tree stump was loud and Anya was crying so much. Jesus, woman, stand up to this asshole! BiBi knew her body was red with a growing anger. This demon was threatening a baby. A baby! And from what she understood from Grigory and Sergei, he had only stolen Hannah to get back at some angel's wife for not putting out to HIM. Total asshole.

But no one in the room was moving to retrieve Hannah, and she couldn't understand why not? Why wouldn't they go, at least try to go and get the girl? She had to be so uncomfortable, so scared there in the blanket on that stupid gross looking tree. The whole scene looked straight out of Hellraiser, and she moved her eyes back to Grigory. He hadn't moved his eyes from her, though, and when she widened her eyes to him and then moved them to Hannah and then back to him, he shook his head very very slowly. Why? Why wasn't he fighting the devil to free Hannah? How could werewolves be such chickens? Hannah was scared.

BiBi sighed, closing her eyes for a moment as she steeled herself for what she knew she had to do. And when she opened her eyes, her resolve hard, like a solid lump in her throat, she met Grigory's intense, irresistible gaze, and she took a step towards the dining room. His eyes widened, his mouth dropped open, and she knew he wanted to move, in fact, she was sure he tried, but he couldn't. Why couldn't he move? Weird. But currently very helpful, as he would have let the devil know if he had tried to move towards her. So far, her presence was unknown, and as she stepped into the burning hot dining room, walking as fast as she could, gritting her teeth against the heat, the searing, unrelenting heat, she focused only on the child on the stump.

When she made it to the tree stump, she was pretty sure, maybe? The burning had stopped? Maybe? But she could still feel the heat on her back, was her hair on fire? It didn't matter, none of it did as she wrapped the blankets all the way around the baby who looked to be about four months old? Maybe more? She picked Hannah up, boy, her hands were red, and blisters? It didn't matter, she grabbed the baby, turned, and booked it out of the dining room and back into the foyer as fast as her legs could carry her.

Once BiBi was in the front foyer, she immediately sank to her knees, laying Hannah down on the rug gently, she pulled away the slightly charred blanket and smiled, ouch that hurt, the baby was ok. And her hair was red, just like Grigory had said. She was pissed as hell that she had been in the middle of a damned furnace, but she wasn't hurt, not anywhere. BiBi sat at her side, one hand on the floor to hold her up as she looked back at the living room, the heat was gone, as was the stump, and she saw the table where she'd sat with the pack just last night for dinner. Hearing movement, she turned her head in the other direction and looked up to see the pack rushing into the room. When they saw her, Anya's hand covered her cry and she stared at BiBi in shock for a moment before coming over, reaching down and picking up Hannah and holding the little baby girl close to her as she sank to her knees and sort of hovered one hand in BiBi's general direction.

"BiBi, oh my God, oh my God, what did you do? Oh my God." Anya was a blubbery mess and BiBi shook her head, I saved your kid, you twat.

She looked away and up at Grigory. He was crying, oh my God, he was such a twat too. She'd saved Hannah, and she didn't see the devil anymore, so everything was good, right? She couldn't be too bad off, right? Nothing really hurt much anymore. The flames must have been just for show. BiBi felt a little groggy as she watched Grigory drop to his knees, his face falling, and tears rushing down those strong cheeks of his as he looked at her.

"BiBi, why did you do that?" He sobbed, and she frowned at him, what the FUCK was their problem?

"Get wet towels, the ones from the guest baths, not ours, they're too thick, get them soaking wet. And Aidan, go into my closet, I know I grabbed some stuff from the hospital before I left. There should be a bag of lactated Ringer's in there. Get that and an IV kit. NOW. Go!" Anya suddenly shook herself, handing Hannah to Yakov who quickly ran the baby with him down to the basement.

"Yakov, stay with the kids. Anya, how bad is it?"

Anya frowned up at her husband, "Sergei..."

BiBi frowned, why were they so-? She looked down at her lap, at her legs. Oh, yeah, that probably wasn't good. Her jeans were charred, and she could see bone? Bone? It was really gross, and once she realized that her burns were beyond her waist she moved her gaze back to Grigory, who looked a lot like she had felt that day at the lake. She felt really really tired now. Her head spun a little and she kind of started to drift backwards. Anya jerked forward and helped ease her to a lying position as there was a flurry of movement around them.

"BiBi, stay awake. Grigory knock it off, keep her awake, BiBi, you need to stay awake! Sergei, call Arc, we need them here NOW. Get Vesper here now!" Anya was practically screaming, taking wet towels from Yegor who had just returned to the room and starting to put them over her legs.

She was in Grigory's arms, now, and she wished she could feel him hold her. Why couldn't she feel him holding her?

"You're an idiot." She said, not sure he heard her until his eyes finally lowered to her face.

"You walked into a burning room, BiBi, you're the idiot." Grigory said softly, "I love you."

"I'm really tired."

"Do NOT fall asleep, BiBi, please, don't fall asleep." Anya was the one who answered and BiBi looked to see that the woman was looking at her arms, black, and not like caramel, but like...BLACK...and she could sense the woman's growing frustration.

"I need a fucking IO and I don't have one!" Anya screamed angrily, "God DAMN IT."

"Mr. Hughes said they'll be here in two hours."

"Sergei," Anya whimpered, her eyes filled with tears, "She may not have two hours."

~*~*~*~

Grigory couldn't feel anything. It had started a while ago, when he had walked into the living room and seen Sergei and Anya in conversation with the devil. He'd been in the basement with the kids for a while and had not expected to find the man here. They'd been trying to convince the man that taking Hannah was foolish, and unnecessary. They'd begged him to return her. Lucifer had seen Grigory walk in, and Yegor close behind, and he'd spent some time making Grigory feel like an ass for running away from his family, for not protecting them.

They'd stood there, the devil making threats, Sergei angry, losing his normal cool demeanor as he growled at Lucifer. They hadn't realized that he'd cut them off from the rest of their pack until Yakov and Aidan had come inside. Lucifer had had the upper hand and had them locked into the living room with them quickly. It had been barely noticeable, but the air was hazy along the edges of the room, if they'd tried to get through it, he was taking them down. Down with him to hell.

And then Anya had begged for just a sight of her daughter, and Lucifer had obliged. When the dining room table had disappeared and his daughter had come into view, Grigory had been tense, wanting to go to her, knowing that she needed him, but if he had tried to step through that hazy air, it wouldn't have been to her that he had gone. And by then, he had sensed BiBi. He had seen her, standing in the foyer, looking at them, at his daughter, the realization of what was happening had hit her like a ton of bricks and then she'd looked at him in indignation, like why was he just standing there like an idiot? Go get Hannah, her eyes had said very very clearly. But he couldn't. He would never reach her.

And then BiBi had stepped straight into hell and walked through it to his child. She had burned herself alive to save his child. HIS child. Anya's child. And then she had walked back out again. If it was a funny situation, which it wasn't, he could have laughed at the shock and anger on the devil's face when he realized that Hannah was no long in hell. He'd disappeared instantly, as had the view of where she'd been kept in hell.

Everyone had run to the foyer, himself included, though he didn't really remember moving. Seeing BiBi's skin melt off, her hair catch fire...it had burned through him as well. She was charred so badly by the time she put Hannah down on the floor that he was surprised she was even conscious.

"I'm going to have to use her neck, or something, Jesus. There just isn't much here." Anya was mumbling, still freaking out as she was kneeling over BiBi, looking for somewhere, anywhere, to gain access.

After what felt like forever, she got a catheter in BiBi's external jugular vein and Anya immediately began a drip of saline into the girl who was still in and out of consciousness in his arms. She made Yegor hold it as she grabbed her cell phone.

"I'm calling my gyno, Grigory. He's a lot closer, he might be able to help me get her stable enough to get Vesper here. I'm trying, Grigory. I'm trying." Anya tried to reassure him, but he didn't really hear her, he didn't really hear anything.

Grigory knew his pack was talking to him, trying to snap him out of it, trying to reassure him that she could make it, but how could she? She was charred, to the bone. He knew if he were to move her, the meat on her legs would slide off, it was too much, the smell, the way she looked, how could she survive this? How would Vesper ever be able to save her? His lip shook and he wiped the fluid from his face with his arm and looked up, not really at anything, just up, and found himself praying for some help here. Please, please, don't let her die. Please.

"Grigory, I need you to lay her down, very gently, ok?" Anya's hands on his arm didn't register and Sergei came over and slapped his cheek.

Grigory shook his head slightly and shifted back a little, lowering BiBi to her back, onto the wet towel that Anya had shifted to where his knees had been.

"BiBi, do you hear me?" Anya sounded very nurse-like, and he sort of remembered that she was one, but that was foggy. Everything was foggy.

They worked on her until practically her whole body was covered in wet towels as she lay on their foyer floor. Once she was covered, Anya said something and Aidan ran out the front door. He came back a few minutes later with one of the sheets of wood that he had asked them to buy while they were in town. They used the sheet of white birch as a stretcher and he helped ineffectively as they barrel rolled her to her side and then onto the wood. He was on his feet, but had been pushed to the side as they walked her into the dining room and put her on the table. The birch stayed beneath her. He couldn't use it now, her blood was on it.

He stood in the room, slightly back from the others who were checking the towels, holding the IV, and generally doing whatever Anya was telling them to do. Lucifer had been right. He'd left his family, he hadn't protected them, that was his JOB. He was supposed to protect them, keep the pack together. And he had run away. Hannah had been kidnapped, he'd kept her in hell. BiBi, he had met her, he had brought her here and caused her so much pain, and then she had burned herself to a crisp to save his child, a child he had been unable to save himself. This was all his fault.

"I did this." He muttered, knowing no one in the room heard him, suddenly very much needing his pack to hear him, needing to be heard by them.

"I DID THIS." He roared in a voice so loud that it shook the windows and everyone around the table stopped what they were doing and looked at him.

BiBi must have said something, because Anya looked down at her and frowned.

"What did you say, sweetie?" The brunette asked, moving her ear towards the woman on the table for a moment.

When BiBi was done repeating herself, Anya stiffened and stood back straight, but Grigory frowned, already knowing through the bond what she had said.

"The pizza is getting cold, she thinks you should go get it and feed everyone." Anya arched a brow as she looked over at him.

Grigory breathed deeply, goddamnit BiBi.

Without a word, he stomped out of the room and out of the house. He was at the truck opening the door when he saw a car pull up to the house. It was Anya's gynecologist. The man was a werewolf in a nearby friendly pack, and he lived not too far, thankfully. He looked at Grigory and nodded, and then went directly into the house.

Grigory grabbed the tall stack of pizzas and took them into the house, turning right, he went to the kitchen and put the pizzas on the counter. As the doctor began to check BiBi over, he put the first pizza on a round pizza pan and put it into the oven, turning it on after remembering that it should be hot to reheat the pizza. He was still working on the second pizza when Yegor came in the room, a frown on his face.

"Let me do this, Grigory. You should be in there, in case..." Yegor didn't finish the sentence, he just put a hand on Grigory's shoulder for a moment.

Grigory shook it off and nodded, going quietly back into the dining room, his feet feeling heavy as he moved to stand in the doorway between the kitchen and dining room. The heat was gone, but he was finding it hard to breathe. He watched Anya move with skilled precision, and she did as the doctor was directing. He'd apparently wanted BiBi moved immediately to the hospital in Duluth, but Anya had been adamant, she knew what he knew, that BiBi couldn't survive, he heard something like 93 percent, but he couldn't really focus on it. BiBi wasn't really moving. Her eyes were closed, he couldn't see her dark brown gaze, he couldn't see anything, and what he did see, he didn't want to see.

Sergei moved in front of him every once in a while, saying something, trying to comfort him, but Grigory was lost in what was going on, he could only stare at the still form on the table. He was waiting, waiting to be told that either BiBi would survive this, or that she was dead. And the longer he stood there watching them keep a nervous watch over her body, the more he felt like Anya was going to have to tell him that the woman he loved had died.

He knew that everyone ate, in shifts, in the kitchen, or downstairs with their children. Yakov had finally come up, trading places with Aidan and Yegor at some point. Grigory knew Yakov had put an arm around him, but he'd not really felt the touch, just its presence somewhere close. Nothing felt real. And when someone suggested that he eat, or drink, he just let his head sort of weave back and forth, he didn't do those things, did he? He couldn't understand why everyone was so calm. How could they be? His whole world was rocking to a halt. BiBi was on the table. The table that he had made with his bare hands. He would have to make a new one. He would never be able to sit at this one again, he would always see her on it, like this. After he'd buried her, he would burn-no, he couldn't imagine, a shiver worked through him, he wouldn't burn it, he would just put it in the wood chopper and shred it. He couldn't burn it, BiBi had died on it. He frowned, trying to focus on her, finding everything so hard. Seeing her was hard, breathing was hard, standing was hard.

1...345678