Bullding a Greater Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,189 Followers

We continued to grow the Security Company and the Investment Company expanded to have four regional Managers all reporting to Kelly. Marla became Vice President of the Security Company. When she was expecting her first child with Teri, Mindy decided to retire and become the mother of our growing family. This was when the extra land became important as Vicki and Teri's parents built a small bungalow on the property to be close to their grandchildren. They maintained their Boston home but spent a couple of weeks each month with us especially in the winter.

Carla finished high school and went to college to major in fashion design which thrilled Teri. Matt had begun to work in the computer room with Teri during the summer and after school and eventually went to college to major in investments and management.

Vicki's divorce went through smoothly and her ex and his boy friend began a rapid expansion, which they could not sustain and quickly failed. Vicki and I used that opportunity to hire the best of their account executives and added them to our growing Security and Investment companies. Other firms tried to offer programs mimicking ours but were not as successful because they were buying research as usual while we continued to do our own. We were now approached by companies to find investors for them. We were very selective but slowly expanded into some level of venture capital investments. However, we only considered companies that met our criteria for quality and customer service.

By the end of our fifth year, we were a national company and were frequently written about in the major business news magazines although much of what was written was speculation because we remained privately owned and managed. Our secret was that our people who helped us succeed were also rewarded well. We chose new people carefully always with an eye for the customer service quality. It would be simplistic to say that we built the company as a family but that would also not be inaccurate. We respected our people and gave them the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. And so our family prospered as others did also. Oh and the rule about spouses working together was dropped from the rulebook; it proved to be more of a hindrance rather than a beneficial rule.

TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,189 Followers