Consequences, Marie Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Scorpio44
Scorpio44
2,000 Followers

"Thank you both." Kelly said. "That was his dying wish and he got it."

"You Ok?" I asked.

"Yes. I've been with him for months watching him leave me. The tears are shed, the heartbreak is over. Now he's free. No more pain. I hope God lets him be naked in Heaven."

They dressed and I notified the nurse that Jack was gone. She knew. He was on monitors and had DNR on his chart.

A week later I answered the phone and it was Bart. "I just wanted you to know, my sister died this morning. The funeral is day after tomorrow and if you show I'll kick your ass."

"Thank you for telling me about Elaine. I liked her. We completed our lives together at Marie's funeral. I won't be coming back to California."

"She left you some things."

"Can they be mailed?"

"Yes."

I gave him the address and he hung up. I wondered what Elaine would have left me, or us.

When the package arrived Megan, Jake and I opened it together. There was an envelope addressed in Marie's handwriting for each of us. Another envelope was addressed to me in Elaine's hand.

Each of us had a letter from Marie apologizing for how she had been so bad and wrong, ruining her own life and ours. The letter from Elaine also apologized and included a notice that I was the beneficiary of her life insurance.

Jake stayed and worked for SDP. He went to school and studied business. He dated Kim and got her to go to college too. The June they graduated they got married. Megan walked down the aisle as her matron of honor.

Sitting by myself near the end of the reception while Megan danced with Jake, I thought back and came to the conclusion that life is full of consequences. Some intended and some unintended. And, Life is good.

Your comments and votes are encouraged.

Scorpio44
Scorpio44
2,000 Followers