Dixie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Twenty Seven

Loren pulled into his garage and went into the kitchen where he dropped his briefcase onto a chair, and then added his jacket and tie. He stood there staring at the wall and then retrieved his favorite scotch and poured a double, added ice, and headed to the living room. Just as he saw her she smiled and said, "Hi."

"Well, hi to you, why are you still here and not home getting comfortable."

She was stretched out on the couch but she sat up saying, "I was very comfortable and just finished reading my book. I wanted to hear how Frank was and how it went with Ginny."

He sat down next to her and she took his glass and enjoyed a taste before handing it back to him. "I've never seen you drink scotch before."

"I don't very often, but I do once in awhile."

"Well to answer your questions, Frank isn't doing worth a damn and it's unlikely that he ever will. I doubt that he'll ever come home for that matter."

"That's too bad, how's Ginny holding up?"

"Not bad really, she knows how serious he is, so she knows life as she knows it has changed forever."

"What about the office?"

"Now that's another story. Remember how I told you how I expected things to go?"

"Yes."

"It was like I wrote the script. She came on to me for my vote and I had to tell her no."

"How did she take that?"

"Not worth a damn actually. She invited me to leave in fact."

"Oh my God, really?"

"Oh, that's for real. I told her I would hold my vote and not vote against her or for her. She still has a fighting chance to get what she wants, and if she does I'll probably be out of a job. But if she gets what she wants there probably won't be a company to work for within a year or two anyway,because she would destroy it. She knows nothing about the business. She just has an abundance of confidence." He paused and then said, "But you know what? I'm not worrying about it. There's nothing I can do one way or the other. When the dust settles, I'll know if I have a job and what that job is. I'll either still be a vice president, or I'll be CEO, or I'll be unemployed."

"Nothing you can do to improve your chances?"

"Nothing more. Ttalking to Ginny was my one contribution to the company. I discovered I had little influence over her and I'm done." He tipped his glass back and took the last half of his drink in one gulp and put his glass down. "Holly honey, I have something to tell you. I probably shouldn't, but I have to tell somebody for whatever reason. To help cleanse my conscience maybe I don't know. I do know that you're going to think less of me when I'm done. Then I'm going to tell you something else relating to that confession. A suspicion I have."

"Loren, have you had a lot to drink?"

"Just that one."

"Okay, go ahead."

"You have to promise me you'll stay until the end." She did and he proceeded to tell her about his and Ginny's lovemaking and how it came to be. He left no details out as he described the vibrator and everything leading up to their lovemaking. She barely blinked as he opened his soul to her and she had tears in her eyes as she listened.

"Oh Loren, I wish you wouldn't have done that."

"I do too, Dixie."

"What was the other part you were going to tell me?"

"I have this suspicion that she set me up. I think she knew Frank was getting sick even then. Maybe not what he has now, but I think she saw his health failing rapidly. She denied that of course, but that's what I think."

"So she let you catch her with the vibrator and then coaxed you into her bed."

"When I think about it, she should have heard the door when I went into her room. Those hotel locks click, and the doors are heavy, and anything but silent. I wasn't trying to be quiet because I thought I was in my own room. That's why she talked me into staying. I'm not saying I'm an innocent victim, Holly. I don't know how to cast myself actually, but it wasn't right to do that behind Frank's back even if he was impotent."

"How do you know he is?"

"She as much as told me he was, either impotent or just lost interest in sex."

"So she's lusting after you, wanted to hook you into feeling obligated to her, by some sort of illicit bond, but it didn't work, and now she's rejecting you and mad because her plan failed."

"That's how I see it. I'll never know if I'm right, but it sure fits."

"So now you hate her."

"I don't hate her, but I've sure lost a lot of respect for her."

"You seem pretty relaxed for all that you've had to face today."

"I am and it's not because of the double scotch. I'm just ready to take whatever comes. I have a good solid work history, so I think I can find something in a reasonable amount of time." He pulled her close to him then and said, "Now tell me what you have to say. What you've been holding back."

She closed her eyes and said, "God, I have been dreading this. For the last five or more years I've been going to school at night."

"But honey, that's great."

"Now stop, this gets worse. I get my diploma next month, assuming I don't blow my exam."

He looked at her and kissed her before saying, "Damn, I'm so proud of you. No wonder you have been getting smarter and more outgoing and blossoming. This is awesome."

"Damn it, Loren, it's awful. I have to quit working for you."

"No, you don't."

"Yes I do. I have to get a real job and get some real money coming in. I have a school loan that's huge and it has to be paid back. I have to get some money coming in because I'm broke. I mean flat broke, and if it wasn't for eating here so much of the time I wouldn't have made it."

"Damn it woman, why didn't you tell me sooner. Hell, I can help you."

"No. Then I'd just owe you instead of the school. Besides I have to do this on my own. I didn't even want to get the loan, but I had no choice. I went to a job fair a couple of weeks ago and there is a company that is interested in me."

"You just keep giving me good news and calling it awful."

"The position they are considering me for is in Akron."

Loren leaned back and said, "Oh. Damn it that won't work."

"It has to work because I need the money. I have to get on with it because I can't be a housekeeper the rest of my life."

"When do you have to let them know assuming you're officially offered the job?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure they want to move on it as soon as they can."

"Would you do me one favor?"

"If I can you know I will."

Hold off on your decision as long as you can to see if something else opens up closer to here. Would you do that for me, for us?"

She didn't know what for us meant, because he wouldn't tell her he loved her and in fact he wouldn't even give her hope that there was some chance of a lasting relationship beyond being a maid to him. She had to get on with her life.

"Loren, I'll hold as long as I can without jeopardizing the job. I don't want to leave town and I don't want to leave you, but something has to change."

"Dixie, I don't want to lose you. I don't mean as my housekeeper either." Still no pronouncements of love or devotion, but at least he didn't want to lose her.

"You call me Dixie one minute, and then Holly the next why is that?"

"It's Sandy's fault. The more I heard her use your real name, the more I liked it better than Dixie, but that's what I'm used to calling you. I guess I'm in transition. I just think Holly fits you better."

"That's what Sandy said too." He kissed her and held her close to him as he said, "I can't lose you now."

She looked up at him to say something but saw the tears in his eyes, so she knew he loved her even if he wasn't saying those words. She was going to wait just as long as possible for a better job to come along.

Chapter Twenty Eight

The next week went by uneventfully, but then late in the evening on Thursday, Holly got a call from Sandy. "How are things going?

"Good or bad depending on how you look at them."

"Tell me everything Holly, I have all night," and she did. Everything including Loren's little fling with Ginny and how he cried when he learned she might be leaving. "Oh girl, he loves you."

"I think he does, but why isn't he acting like it? Why isn't he telling me?" , "I have suspicions, but that's all I have, but I have no doubt that he's head over heels in love with you."

"Well he better show it soon, because I have to take that job if it's offered to me. They don't get much more broke than I am right now."

"You keep the faith, Holly. There's still plenty of time for miracles and even some time for just some regular good luck before it's too late."

"How are you and Chuck?"

"We're fine. It still isn't too late to finish our cruise so if something breaks let us know."

"You can't imagine just how much I'd like that to happen. There isn't a day goes by that I don't think about our visit and not just because of the boat."

"I'm glad. I'll call you in a few days and see if there is anything new. Until then keep after him and keep your fingers crossed."

"I'll do that," and they talked for several more minutes before she said, "Thanks for calling, it's good to hear your voice."

When she saw Loren Friday morning she asked him, "How is it going?"

"Okay. I saw Ginny in Frank's office this morning and she looked at me but didn't say anything."

"At least she didn't throw something at you."

"True."

"Sandy called me last night."

"Really, you two have become real friends."

"I think she is so neat, so put together. Too young to be a sage, but still full of good advice. She said that she and Chuck are doing fine and told me to keep the faith that things could still work out."

"Like you said she's full of good advice."

"Loren, do you still think about being on the boat with them?"

"Mostly, I think about being on the boat with you." She was refilling their cups when he said that, and she stopped and looked at him for a second before continuing. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No why?"

"Just the way you looked at me."

"Oh. No, I guess I must have been thinking about something. I guess I had a flash of Chuck holding me so close and kissing me when we were naked."

He just looked at her before asking her, "He did that?"

"Oh sure, a couple of times in fact, he's such a neat guy you know? The first time, I about jumped out of my skin, but he was so gentle and caring." She knew exactly what she was doing. She was testing him. She wanted to see how he would react to her exaggerations. "He's more solid than I had expected him to be and has real bedroom eyes."

"Yeah I guess. I never paid any attention though. So what are you doing this weekend?"

"Nothing, I can't afford to do anything more than maybe drive to the park and go for a walk if it doesn't rain."

"Could I talk you into coming over here and spending the day with me?"

"Doing what?"

"I don't know. Maybe go see a movie or something."

"Sure, I'll fix us breakfast."

"I have a better idea. Stay here tonight."

"The offer is tempting, but no, I don't want to start that."

"Why not, we've seen each other naked and we've made wonderful love."

"Yes we have. Maybe I'll be able to explain it to you one day."

"Maybe I should be taking some courses because you confuse me sometimes."

"Sorry."

When Loren got home from the office, Dixie was gone and he missed her. He went through his ritual of stripping on the way to the bedroom, and came out in a baggy tee shirt and shorts, grabbed a beer and crashed on the couch with his feet up, and pretended to watch the news as he drank his beer. The more time passed the more he thought about Dixie. He reminded himself that it was he that had coaxed and encouraged her to go see Chuck and Sandy with him. It was he that urged her to wear that tiny bikini and to go naked. It was he that had kissed her that first time while sitting right about where his butt was right then. He was crazy about her and when he thought about them making love, he had to close his eyes and visualize it again. He couldn't love her. He'd never been in love in his life and it was his goal to keep that record in tact. He worshiped her and he lived for the times that they could be together. But he couldn't love her. That just wasn't in him...or was it?

It was after nine Saturday morning when she came breezing in the backdoor. He heard her and went to the kitchen and said, "Morning beautiful."

"Hi. I'm a little late, but that should just make you hungry and ready to eat."

"I'm starved," and then he kissed her. "I was starved for that too."

"Well don't get full, or you'll spoil your breakfast."

"Give me a few minutes and we'll both forget all about breakfast."

She wasn't big on morning lovemaking, but that made her hold her breath for a second before she bravely said, "Now behave yourself," and she busied herself getting things out of the refrigerator as she tried to put those thoughts out of her mind. He just sat down and watched her as she went about her task. Neither talked beyond short sentences, about work and her school experiences or whatever came to mind. It was idle chatter, just like a husband and wife might share on a quiet weekend morning. He tried to help her clean up, but she pushed him away and finished and then they went to the living room with their last cup of coffee.

They hadn't taken their first sip of that last cup of coffee when the doorbell rang. Holly went to the door and then quickly opened it. Sandy smiled and said, "Good, you're here so we don't have to go after you," and she marched inside with Chuck tagging along behind her. Sandy saw Loren standing up and she said, "Okay, stay right there," and she went to the kitchen and came back with a chair and set it down. "Chuck you and Holly go for a walk, Holly just a short one because Chuck will try to seduce you if he has enough time." Then without waiting for the door to close she told Loren, "Sit." Like Chuck, he was smart enough to do as he was told based on her tone of voice.

Sandy looked at him and then smiled. Okay lover, we're going to have a nice chat, just you and me and nobody to interrupt us for at least ten minutes. Then she pulled her skirt up and straddled him. It was only then that he realized that this was the first time he'd ever seen her in a skirt. Then he saw the shaved area between her legs. He looked up at her and smiled but she said, "No funny ideas until we talk understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay so as I understand it Holly has to get a job and that might take her far away am I right?"

"Yes damn it, you are right."

"And you love her right?"

"Sandy, I do love her very much."

"And how do you feel about her moving far away?"

"I hate it."

"And you're doing what about it?"

"Trying to find her a job close to home."

"Oh my God, and that's all you're going to do?"

"I don't know what else to do."

"Yes you do. If you really care for her and you really don't want her to walk out of your life you'll move heaven and earth to keep her here, starting with telling her how much you love her. You'll see to her loans and and find her a job." He didn't say anything as he looked into her eyes. "Let me put it this way. If you don't do what we just talked about and you and even want to do, I'm going to be very disappointed. In fact I'm going to be mad at you." She put his hand between her legs and told him, "Now on the other hand if you treat my new best friend right, you just may get a nice reward." He smiled and let his fingers explore as she moved to make it easier for him and she moaned softly and kissed him. He was rapidly getting to her so she stopped him and asked him, "Do we have an understanding, lover?" He hesitated and she was starting to get upset with him and said, "Last chance mister."

"Sandy, I do understand. I only hesitated because of what you're doing to me. You do know that I've wanted you for a long time."

"I do know. Chuck and I have talked about all of this many times. He and I aren't getting any younger so if we want to act on our desires we better be seeing to it before we get too old. But you realize that if you and I ever do make love that means, Holly and Chuck will be doing the same."

"You mean if Holly can ever handle that."

"Don't look now lover, but she's almost there now. Your lady has changed so fast that you're not keeping up with her." He knew she was right. "So do we understand each other honey? If you don't love her then now is the time to admit that."

"I do love her Sandy and we understand each other," and she stood up and let her skirt drop.

When Sandy and Chuck returned she asked Holly, "Well?"

Holly smiled and said, "Better than I could have hoped."

Loren looked at the two women and asked, "What are you two talking about?"

Sandy led Loren back over to the kitchen chair and again sat him down and then straddled him again with her skirt hiked up. He looked at her, then between her legs and then over at Chuck and Holly who were smiling at him. "Loren honey, you didn't have a chance sweetie."

"You mean all three of you were in on this?"

"I'm afraid so darlin'. We knew you just needed a little help to get your thinking straight."

Holly added, "The four of us will be cruising south toward Florida as soon as you can get time off."

"How much time do I need?"

"Oh at least a week, more would be much better though."

Sandy whispered in his ear saying, "This will be your honeymoon and The longer we're gone the better your chances are with me."

"Then I'll resign if I have to."

"Like I said, you'll have to see Chuck and Holly together."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

"Remember, we have this whole thing scripted."

The End.

1...5678910