Too Late My Awakening

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were startle form a pounding on the glass of the front storm door that was followed by deep male voice: "Emergency ... Paramedic!"

"Gentleman, in here." I yelled and two husky young uniformed paramedics walked in with all sorts of equipment, tanks and backpacks, followed by Mike the Cop.

Kim came out of the master bath, dressed and looking ready to confront the inevitable and the two professionally asked if she was the one who found him: "Yes." Is all she said.

"I am so sorry for your loss Mrs. James ... But we'll need a minute with him. I took her arm and as she walked with me and Mike to the great room, I turned and said: "Gentleman, he left specific written instruction and everything has been prearranged. Here is a copy of his DNR. I have talked with the owner of his mortuary of choice, they are in rout to collect his body."

The three of us went in to the great room and just sat there staring at the floor. About two minutes later, they came out and said: "Mrs. James, your husband is gone, it was his time and he's at peace. We understand that everything is prearranged, with your permission we will wait with you and sign off." One of them said.

Without looking up she answered: "Peter called and our funeral Director is on the way. He is bringing a hearse to take my husband. I am sure when they get here, they can fill you in on the details better than I. Thank you boys, I know you have a hard thankless job." They spoke their condolences again and told us that they would wait outside.

It has been over two years since Doctor James passed away and I knew that he had left Kim in good shape. I am confident that all of the financial and legal people that he had retained for her are top notch, because without her knowledge, I had each of them checked out. He was cremated with no service per his request. He left specific instructions to remain on their mantel until her time, so they could be memorialized and put to rest together.

At her request, Kim and I had gotten together a few more times like the night of their anniversary, but she always made sure to book a different room number at the Lido Beach Resort instead of the Ritz.

On our second night together, she told me that she had surprise for me. After we were in our room together and starting to get situated, there was a knock at the door: "Peter, will you get that please." She asked. I couldn't believe my eyes at first, when I opened the door and saw Brie standing there wearing her same little white tuxedo type blouse, black bowtie, black skintight painted on looking stretch pants and her signature smile. Kim told me that she wanted to do something special to compensate for all that I had done for her and James.

Brie was young, she was hot, sexy and willing to let us do anything that we wanted to her. Her breasts were globes the size of ripe melons that upswept to two gorgeous nipples that pointed to heaven from the top third of each. Though I didn't try too, if had to bet, I would say that I could have cracked an egg on her hard little ass. I was so amazed when Kim actually disrobed her and climbed right in and enjoyed her in front of me, and I will never forget how Kim coaxed me to take Brie from behind while she held that young pretty face deep her crotch begging me not to cum until I was in her mouth.

That was one of the hottest evenings that I ever had. Each of their crotches smelled and tasted of them, but each of their faces smelled and tasted of each other. Truly a night to remember. After we were done, I watched Kim hand her an envelope and we watched her dress, but it was Kim who held back her little moist fragrant black thong for me before kissing her goodbye.

After that, I think we may have met for a room maybe three more times, but all she was content to do was get naked with me, lay with the side of her pretty face on my bare belly and stroke, taste and play with me while talking till the wee hours of the morning about her wonderful life with her precious James and how her and him came to be one.

I continued to see Kim at least once a week after that, but it was only for dinner and drinks and to listen. She loved to talk about her life with Doc, and she needed me to listen. For me, it was easy to listen and I looked forward to my dinners out with her, though each conversation ended with her grieving the loss of her beloved James and how she was possessed with grave guilt from her years of refusing him, what she finally came to realize were the sexual desires that every husband not only has and needs, but truly deserves.

She expressed with deepest conviction those refusals to be her only mistakes in their life together, convinced that they made her foolish . She confided in me, that the reason she had hired Brie was to be a tribute to James. She candid and tearfully told me: "After all Peter, he deserved that, I was so selfish ... I would have enjoyed her with him too." And she broke down and wept.

In our last eleven months, she had lost that spring in her step and I could tell she had quit working out. The loss of her quick smile told me that she was too tired and lonely to deal with her senior group at the gym anymore, though she always kept herself clean, crisp and well dressed.

A month ago, a call came in the middle of the night. I didn't recognize the area code and I wasn't going to answer it but being that late I thought that even if this was a wrong number, someone could be in trouble and need help: "Swiftt." I answered and the micro second before she spoke, I knew that instant, that Kim had gone to be with James.

"Mr. Swiftt, This is Kay James. I am the daughter of Marian and Kim James. I am sorry to inform you like this, but ... Mother died during her evening service at the Church of the Palms several hours ago. You were first on her list of people to call. I am so sorry.

"Please tell me, is there anything I can do?.. Anything at all?" I responded.

"No, my Mother and Father were always sticklers for organized detail. Everything was prearranged. I promise you that I will follow up with a schedule for their services when I get the exact time back from the church" She said. "I've made arrangements to fly in tomorrow."

Well over a thousand showed up at their memorial at the mortuary. Hundreds of young children holding their books illustrated by her, many authors and author's club members and Writer's Guilds. Doctors and friends on top of friends and many family members from all over the country were in attendance.

I stood, waiting in line for well over two hour to pay tribute at her urn setting next to his, but I would have waited for ever if I had too.

A beautiful religious service was held at her church right after and as I walked out from the chapel into the vestibule at the close, I heard a young man's voice in the crowd ask me: "Peter? Are you Mr. Peterswiftt?" When I turned and confirmed, he handed me a notarized hand written note that read:

Dear Peter,

I want to thank you for everything that you have done for Doc and I and I waited until now to tell you so you couldn't refuse me. I have left you our home. The state of Florida has The Ladybird Act that I invoked and it and all of the contents became yours at the time of my death. Doc's old gull wing Mercedes sports coupé is still in the garage. He often said that you would look good in it. Please be careful, it always seemed to be far too fast for him. I know that you admired it and I thought you should have it because I know that you will do it justice.

All of my art originals are still in my studio. I thought that once the new wears off of the contents in my Ziploc bag, you can have your bandy among them when you sit back to reminisce about me.

Please give Brie a call from time to time. She told me in confidence that she really likes you. She will be great fun for you and you deserve that now and then and there are no sins of the flesh if the enjoyment is consensual. Just please remember, only for fun, at the risk of sounding like your mother, you deserve better for a more permanent relationship. I have enclosed her contact information.

When the attractive more suitable and appropriate, young woman comes your way, and she will, do me a favor and reach out. Peter life is too short. So please live yours well, for there just isn't enough of it. Please use it wisely for I know that more happiness is headed your way. Please believe in me and when it does, do not let it slip through your fingers. Seize it, hold onto it, cherish it and consider it my final gift to you. Don't make "To Late My Awakening" be your life's story the way that it had been mine.

The house, Doc's old car and all of the contents are clear, If you have any questions regarding the tax base, or other related concerns, this lawyer has the required paperwork and details. You be well.

Your friend,

Kim

I looked up at him and without another word between us, he handed me his card, turned and walked back into the crowd and I left the foyer and walked outside. As I stepped from the bottom step to find my car I noticed just off to my right, four or five beautiful, well dressed young ladies all to themselves, talking in a little huddle. As I started to walk pass them, I heard the one furthest in the back of their circle say to the others: "Give me a minute."

"Mr. Swiftt? Excuse me Sir are you Peterswiftt?" A pretty female voice asked and I looked to my right, directly into the deep blue eyes of a forty something looking woman, with a beautiful pale complexion wearing a well tailored, close fitting, teal green dress. I just stood there. I couldn't speak. Her resemblance shocked me beyond belief: "You are Peterswiftt ... Right?" She grinned and asked again.

Still shaken from her appearance and feeling like I was looking at the ghost of Kim in her younger years: "Yes." Is all I could manage to say at that exact moment.

She extended me her hand: "Hi, Peter, I'm Kay James, we spoke on the phone. It's really a pleasure to finally meet you, Mother and father told me they felt the world of you." She said and she just stood there smiling, and holding my hand, seemingly waiting for me to respond back in some way. Any way at all.

When I could finally speak, I managed to say: "Yes ... Kay! Forgive me, but you really favor ..."

"Mother?" She responded: "I know, I've been told that my entire life. Listen, Peter, I am going to be in town for a week or so to finalize things. Other than some of Mother and Father's much older friends, I don't know anyone here and I kind of thought that if you're not too busy, we could maybe have dinner and a few drinks one evening?.. I love a good steak and it will be my treat?" She asked, then added: "I live in Boston, but I've been a partner in my firm now for over thirty years and since I have just turned fifty two, I can semi retire making it possible for me to winter every year here in Florida ... That is if I choose. Perhaps you can show me some good areas where I might find a nice house to lease or set up as a time share in for those months?"